Diane and Jay Plesset have graciously invited us to host our holiday party at Evergreen, their beautiful custom-built, midcentury-inspired home in Oregon City. Diane is a designer with 25+ years of home building and design experience and the the host of “Today’s Home,” an internet talk show. She spoke at a recent MCM League meeting about her involvement in saving the Gordon House, Oregon’s only Frank Lloyd Wright home. This is a great opportunity to learn more about their design, home building and preservation work, and to enjoy their holiday hospitality!
The party will also serve as our December public meeting, though League business for December will consist primarily of welcoming our new officers and enjoying ourselves.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
2:00 – 8:00 p.m.
20088 S. Athens Dr, Oregon City
This is a BYOB potluck, so please bring your favorite adult beverage and bring a dish to share with the group. (This is also a fabulous opportunity to try your hand at creating your own Charles Phoenix-inspired Astro Weenie Christmas Tree!).
Directions, from North or South
- Take I-205 to the Molalla-Oregon City Exit (Hwy 213)
- Drive south on Highway 213 for approx 3 miles
- Turn left at Beavercreek Road (Berry Hill strip mall is on southeast corner) and drive approx 2 miles
- Turn left on Henrici Road and drive approx 1.5 miles
- Turn left on South Athens Drive
- Go over exactly 5 speed bumps, then make a hard right-hand turn onto a gravel driveway (do not turn onto the adjacent asphalt driveway–that leads to a neighbor’s house)